The skilled legal guidance you need. Local attorneys you can trust.

The attorneys of Aldridge & Birdwhistell Law Firm, PSC

What types of personal injury damages are available?

On Behalf of | Aug 2, 2019 | Personal Injury |

After a car or truck accident, victims may wonder what types of personal injury damages may be available to help them with the harm they have suffered in a traumatic accident. Knowing what types of personal injury damages may be available through a personal injury claim can be valuable when victims are wondering what they are going to do after a car accident and what options are available to help them with the harm they have suffered.

Recovering damages for the injuries they have suffered is important for victims of car accidents, truck accidents and other types of traumatic accidents. Fortunately, personal injury claims can help victims recover compensation for their physical, financial and emotional damages and victims of traumatic accidents, such as car accidents, and their families should be aware of this. Victims of car accidents can recover compensation for their medical expenses and future medical care in some circumstances.

In addition, victims can recover compensation for disfigurement and permanent disability if they suffered injuries of that nature in the accident. Additionally, damages for lost wages and lost-earning capacity may also be available if victims suffer lost wages because of their damages or were unable to return to work because of the injuries they sustained in the car accident. Damages for the emotional trauma and losses suffered in a car accident that may also be available include damages for mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and other damages as well.

Victims of car and truck accidents can be left facing a significant recovery period, high medical bills and an inability to work. Personal injury damages are intended to address these damages and help victims be whole once again following harm suffered at the hands of a negligent driver.