Defending Your Rights Against All Types Of Charges
If you’ve been accused of committing a serious crime, Aldridge Law Group is here to help. We know that sometimes bad things happen to good people. With meticulous research and determination, we will work hard to make sure a mistake does not cost you your liberty.
With years of experience on both sides of a criminal case, our criminal defense lawyer has ample knowledge of Kentucky criminal law to protect your rights. If you’ve been accused of a crime, you need an experienced, determined criminal defense attorney who has your best interests in mind.
Types Of Cases That We Handle
When we represent you, we will anticipate the prosecution’s handling of the case and develop sound legal strategies to protect your rights. Our lawyer can advise you on the potential risks, challenges and potential outcomes.
Drug crimes: Drug crimes, including possession, trafficking and manufacture, are taken seriously in Kentucky. Under state law, the severity of fines and prison sentences varies, depending on the type and amount of substance involved. Fines can be steep, and prison sentences can range up to life in prison.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): License suspension or revocation, fines, community service, jail, ignition interlock devices and mandatory substance or alcohol abuse programs can change the nature of your life. Because DUI laws are complex, it can be a mistake to try to represent yourself.
- Arson: Arson is a serious felony with severe punishments for convictions. If you have been charged with arson, obtain legal counsel as soon as possible.
Theft and shoplifting: We have vast knowledge and experience defending clients against charges that involve stealing or otherwise misappropriating someone else’s property such as shoplifting, theft, larceny, extortion, burglary and robbery.
Severity Of Felony Level Charges
A felony is the most serious type of crime a person can commit. A felony typically involves a threat to human life or property. If convicted of a felony, you could be sentenced to a Kentucky state prison for a year or more, in addition to a costly fine.
Not every felony carries the same severity, and some crimes involve degrees such as homicide, manslaughter and assault.
- Class A felonies — Includes burglary, drug crimes and robbery. Punishment could bring between 20 years to life imprisonment.
- Class B felonies — Includes assault (in the first degree), drug crimes, manslaughter (in the first degree) and theft. Punishment could bring 10 to 20 years in prison.
- Class C felonies — Includes assault (in the second degree), DUI, manslaughter (in the second degree) and white collar crimes. Punishment could bring a five- to 10-year sentence in prison.
- Class D felonies —Includes assault (in the third degree), reckless homicide and felonious driving. Punishment could bring one to five years in prison.
We will thoroughly research your case and investigate all aspects for vital evidence that could tip the case in your favor. We answer all your questions, because we know what’s at stake. A conviction can ruin your life and the standard of life for your family.
The Strong, Effective Defense You Need
We will provide a strong, sophisticated defense for most types of felony and misdemeanor charges. Email or call 502-855-7584 to arrange a free confidential consultation. We have offices located in Louisville and Elizabethtown for your convenience.