Defending Your Rights Against All Types Of Charges
If you are under investigation for or accused of a crime, you need a strong advocate on your side. The state will not look out for your best interests. Our attorneys will.
With years of experience on both sides of the criminal justice system, the Aldridge Law Group understands how the state prosecutes criminal cases. We also know how to counter the state’s actions to protect your reputation and your freedom.
Types Of Cases That We Handle
When we represent you, we will anticipate the prosecution’s handling of the case and develop sound legal strategies to protect your rights. Our lawyer can advise you on the potential risks, challenges and potential outcomes.
- Drug crimes: Drug crimes, including possession, trafficking and manufacture, are taken seriously in Kentucky. Under state law, the severity of fines and prison sentences varies, depending on the type and amount of substance involved. Fines can be steep, and prison sentences can range up to life in prison.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): License suspension or revocation, fines, community service, jail, ignition interlock devices and mandatory substance or alcohol abuse programs can change the nature of your life. Because DUI laws are complex, it can be a mistake to try to represent yourself.
- Arson: Arson is a serious felony with severe punishments for convictions. If you have been charged with arson, obtain legal counsel as soon as possible.
- Theft and shoplifting: We have vast knowledge and experience defending clients against charges that involve stealing or otherwise misappropriating someone else’s property such as shoplifting, theft, larceny, extortion, burglary and robbery.
Severity Of Felony Level Charges
Nobody would want to have a felony conviction on their record. If you are convicted, you face more than a lengthy prison sentence. You also face the lifelong stigma of being a convicted felon.
Examples of felonies in Kentucky include:
- Class A felonies — Includes burglary, drug crimes and robbery. Punishment could bring between 20 years to life imprisonment.
- Class B felonies — Includes assault (in the first degree), drug crimes, manslaughter (in the first degree) and theft. Punishment could bring 10 to 20 years in prison.
- Class C felonies — Includes assault (in the second degree), DUI, manslaughter (in the second degree) and white collar crimes. Punishment could bring a five- to 10-year sentence in prison.
- Class D felonies —Includes assault (in the third degree), reckless homicide and felonious driving. Punishment could bring one to five years in prison.
We will thoroughly review the state’s evidence and prepare the strongest possible defense. We will take the time to explain your rights and answer all your questions, because we know what’s at stake.
The Strong, Effective Defense You Need
We will provide a strong, sophisticated defense for most types of felony and misdemeanor charges. Email or call 502-855-7584 to arrange a free confidential consultation. We have offices located in Louisville and Elizabethtown for your convenience.