The skilled legal guidance you need. Local attorneys you can trust.

The attorneys of Aldridge & Birdwhistell Law Firm, PSC

Answers To Common Questions About Car Accidents

Clients who come to us at Aldridge & Birdwhistell have many questions about auto accidents and what we may be able to do to help. Here are answers to a few of the most common questions we receive.

If you have more specific questions, please call 270-765-2000 in Elizabethtown or 270-505-9219 in Louisville at our offices to arrange a free confidential consultation.

Can you help me if the other driver did not carry insurance?

Yes. Our lawyers have helped drivers recover the cost of accidents caused by drivers who do not have sufficient insurance coverage to pay for the costs.

In some cases, your own insurance provider may be obligated for the reimbursements, but they may be reluctant to give you everything to which you are entitled. We help with policy review and negotiation of a fair settlement to make sure you receive all of the available benefits.

If your auto insurance policy does not cover accidents caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, then we use our knowledge of Kentucky law to pursue claims directly against the other driver.

What are my options after losing a loved one in a fatal crash?

The Kentucky wrongful death statute allows you to seek financial compensation for the loss of a loved one. When a person is killed through another person’s fault, Kentucky tort law allows a family member to bring a lawsuit to obtain financial compensation for their loss.

It is very important to meet with a skilled attorney as soon as possible. These wrongful death claims must be filed within two years of a death. This seems like a long time, but it can pass quickly as you grieve the loss.

What is included when talking about damages?

If the negligent behavior of someone else caused a car accident, then you are entitled to financial compensation to cover all the losses and expenses you suffer as a result. This includes not just damage to the vehicle itself, but also the pain, suffering and other expenses you experienced.

What should I do after an accident?

Call 270-765-2000 in Elizabethtown or 270-505-9219 in Louisville, or send us an email to discuss your concerns. The initial consultation is free and confidential. We serve clients throughout Central Kentucky.